The Nate Santelli ProStart Summer Camp 2020
Dates: July 11-14, 2021
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
What is The Nate Santelli ProStart Summer Camp?
The Nate Santelli ProStart Summer Camp was created in 2016 as a resourceful and educational experience for high school Michigan ProStart students. ProStart students spend four days at an Up North summer camp facility to learn from industry leaders in culinary, restaurant management, table top design and much more while developing team building skills. The ProStart Summer Camp was named in honor of the late Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association Education and Grant Manager, Nate Santelli, in 2017 to honor his memory and dedication to the Michigan ProStart Program.
Sponsor a Student
Help send a student to camp, where they will learn from industry leaders, refined culinary skills, restaurant management skills, be challenged to grow as a team player and leader both at a renowned training facility. Camp is $300 per student and includes all of their meals and camp supplies. Donations of any amount towards The Nate Santelli ProStart Summer Camp help to assist in more student participation.
Student Scholarships for Camp
Thanks to the generous support from The Nate Santelli ProStart Summer Camp donors, the MRLAEF has the ability to provide several scholarships for Camp! Apply before Tuesday, June 1 to be considered for access to a scholarship.
- All campers are required to bring proof of a negative COVID-19 Test to camp check-in on Sunday, July 11. The negative COVID-19 test must be from within 72 hours prior to camp. Anyone who does not submit proof of a negative test will not be permitted to attend.
- Each student will have a sanitized private dorm room, and will bring their own linens, including sheets, blankets, and towels.
- Masks will be required for all group activities.
- During labs and lecture students will be spaced a part to achieve social distancing standards.
- CliftonStrengths Assessment and Coaching
- Tour of Ferris State University and the Hospitality School
- Big Rapids Farm Market Experience
- Event Production Exercises
- Menu Costing and Recipe Yield Labs
- Limiting Waste and Upcycling excess materials
- ProStart Alumni Culinary Skill Labs
- Baking and Pastry Labs
| What You Need for Camp
|What NOT to Pack
Possession of the following items will be grounds for immediate dismissal from camp: Intoxicants, tobacco products or drugs, matches or lighters, or weapons of any kind. MRLA is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
|Lost & Found
Parents are urged to label all clothing and personal items with a permanent marker. We have an excellent record in identifying and returning lost and found items that are labeled. Parents will be responsible for the cost (Shipping and Handling) of mailing any items home.
All campers need to provide their own bedding – sheets/blankets, towels, etc.
**Drop off is located at the West Common - labeled Building #6 on the map**